Re: OT: Update

Best of luck Robert.

    I didn't have your problems, but I did lose 40% of my lungs to what
is now called LRS (Lung Reduction Surgery).  Recovery from any major
lung surgery is slow and hard and you are still facing chemo which I
didn't. My problem was not cancer, but severe Emphysema.

     I had suffered from collapsed lungs 8 times im 1993-94 before they
told me I had 2 choices, the LRS or 3-6 weeks of life.  My lower lung
walls were so bad they wouldn't hold air and leaked all the time as well
as the ruptures. The ruptures  that caused the actual collapsed lungs.
The collapses were extremely painful and frightening,  but the leaks
were just weird, uncomfortable because every time I move I sounded like
a bowl of rice crispys (snap crackle and pop). Not painful, but that air
that leaked from the lungs was going someplace, and that was into the
tissues just under the skin all over my body.  I looked like the
Michellin Man.  Nuff about me.

    All I can suggest to you is take advantage of all the rehab. and
therapy they offer.  I was actually able to get off Oxygen after 18
months,  and I stayed off and went back to work full time at a reduced
level of effort until I retired at 67 three years ago.  I am back on
Oxygen, but I am still here.

--
Jim Baber
Email jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx