Re: 1-wire to USB converter that can use 1820s directly

> Done that myself in the past.
>
> Its clearly a lot cleaner to use one of the existing USB ports
> than to need to add another PCI card to support serial ports.
>
> And that approach isnt even feasible with a laptop.

Bob Green elaborated on your requirements and reasoning somewhat.  I can see why
you've chosen this approach.  The only thing I'd try to steer you clear of is
using flat phone cables.  Regardless what you use, when you get the whole system
up I'd enjoy reading about it.

Allow me to reiterate what I said earlier.  My comments about what is easy were
not intended as a slight.  We all have different experience sets.  'Nuff said?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.