1132B PowerLinc transmit problem

I have setup a simple pilot system. X10 recepticle controlling a desk
lamp. I have a wireless sensor + wireless X10 receiver + computer
controller that I thought will help me troubleshoot and explore X10
world.

The problem is with the controller bought here
(http://www.smarthome.com/1132b.html)
I can see ALL commands transmitted by the sensor but when I try to
issue ON or OFF commands to the same recepticle from this controller on
average 1out of 20 succeeds. I ruled out intrusive filters as wireless
tranciever works flawlessly when plugged into the same outlet.

Any advice appreciated