Re: 1-wire to USB converter that can use 1820s directly

Robert L Bass <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> If you have a free PCI slot, it's easy and relatively inexpensive
>>> to add oodles of serial ports. I have an 8-port ByteRunner
>>> card in one PC and a 4-port card in another.

>> Sure, but its much cleaner using USB.

> How so?  No disrespect intended but I'm curious
> why you feel that USB is cleaner than serial.

Its clearly a lot cleaner to use one of the existing USB ports
than to need to add another PCI card to support serial ports.

Serial ports done that way arent that easy to support in VBA
either, support for non standard serial ports is pretty poor.