Re: Upgrade HomeSeer to 2.0 ?

> By "better deal for us" I hear you to mean mostly that it is more robust
> and
> easier to hook into, not in any particular financial sense.

Yep, the former. It's a site license so we don't make any more for you to
install CQC on another machine in the network.

> Frankly, the ability to for anyone to download valid clients of the net
> (Homeseer, CyberHouse, Premise, CQS) is not helpful from a security
> standpoint. Fortunately both CyberHouse and CQS have useful security
> measures.
> Homeseer 1.x had too many security issues of various sorts to be
> considered
> (by me, for my needs). Dunno about 2.x.

Yeh, we have a pretty strict, server-based, security system. So just hacking
a client tool won't get you in. You have to log in and get a security token
in order to do anything useful. That security token has to be passed back in
on any calls made from the client.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com