Re: Upgrade HomeSeer to 2.0 ?

If they already have an IP-based box we could certainly use it, but it often
requires that we install whatever Acme virtual comm port drivers that box
requires on our side, and we aren't too hip on doing that on our system.
This scheme means we don't have to deal with any of that.

Another reason why I went forward with this is that about 80% of that work
is the same work that will be required to support serial ports that don't
have such virtual com port drivers, such as the GC-100, to make them look
like regular com ports to us (though it's still limited in that case because
the GC-100 ports are very limited in their capabilities.)

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com