Re: Test for Surge Protector?

>> Don't forget to learn where any buried utilities
>> might be located.
>
> If you goof, it's not pretty ... The FCC has mandated
> a national "call before you dig" number -- 811 --
> which is supposed to be in effect within 18months.
> In the mean time, check your phone book.

Even after you call and they come out and mark the lawn -- BE
CAREFUL!  We needed to bury some cables for a pair of ground
level light fixtures in front of our church in CT.  We followed
procedure to the letter.  The church's chief electrician decided
to start at the fixture ends and work back to the building.  He
was digging a hole a couple of feet down with a manual post-hole
digger at least a couple of yards from the nearest cable markings
when there was a really loud explosion.  That was the sound of
the transformer on a pole across the street exploding when he
shorted the underground feed to the building.  Fortunately, he
was unhurt but the post-hole digger was several inches shorter.
:^)

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass