Re: Upgrade HomeSeer to 2.0 ?

Neat! Does that mean I'm absolved from disconnecting and mailing the Aprilaire
thermostats, DMX lighting controller, Slinke and so on ?? ;-) The idea of
foregoing HVAC, lights and music would be/is too suggestive of a disaster
situation ...

Remote Desktop Connection (RDC)/ Microsoft Terminal Server Client and Server
are standard with XP Pro and Server 2003 and allow the option of connecting
remote serial ports, so I don't see exactly why this couldn't be done with
Homeseer. A kludge to be sure.

One advantage of an IP-based serial hub is the ability to have failover of
hard-wired serial connections to a backup PC -- on site or remote.  A minor
advantage in most cases, but could be very useful in remote installations such
as a cabin or where the local folks are unwilling/unable to set things right.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.EControl.org