Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

"BruceR" <brNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> There is also the Watts Industries washing machine valve, A2C-M1 -
> IntelliFlow Automatic Washing Machine Water Shutoff Valves with Leak
> Sensor also about $100 which is fully automatic.  I have one on my
> washer and it's bullet-proof.  The washer plugs into the valve which
> senses the current flow when the washer is turned on. It then opens the
> valves untill the washer shuts off. Fully automatic and user
> transparent.  There is also a plug in leak detector that sits under the
> washer that will shut off the valves in the even of a washer leak.  See
> it at www.wattsregulator.com

Yep.  It's probably easier to use than the timer but without the water leak
sensor, it's still possible for a dishwasher to run wild while you're in
Barbados.  As long as it's calling for current, it's calling for water.

What happens if a hose bursts and the washing machine stays on with the
solenoid valves stuck open, waiting for the tank to fill and trip a float
valve?  I think the motorized control cycle dial still turns, but it's also
entirely possible it will wait forever for the float to rise while the
basement floods.  I'll have to run a test someday to see.

--
Bobby G.