Re: Emergency Water Turn-Off?

FedEx (and UPS) have a method to "file a signature" with them, so they'll
leave the package if no one is home...

Also, if I know I'm due a package, I'll leave a note at the door, and give
instructions where to hide or deliver  the box if no one is home.  It's
worked for years with me.

Worst case I ever had was when I'd gotten a "could not deliver" slip, and
when I went to the "main desk" to pick it up, they couldn't, because it was
on a truck for "re-delivery".  You guessed it, when I got home there was
another "we tried to deliver.." message, and it's timestamp was during the
time I was at the "main desk".....  That's when I started leaving the
note....