Re: Need some antenna advice (for my CM15A, of course)

Thanks for the tips, Robert.

I will check out that site.

Dave, I have stuff shipped here all the time from ebay.  This month
alone: Three books, GPS device (bluetooth!), 2 line cordless phone,
cell phone casing, universal keychain remote...  and absolutely nothing
has been held up at the border, much less not been delivered.

Our addressing conventions are the same as in the US.
First Name Last Name
Civic Number + Street
City, Province, ZIP

I'd lllllove to ship you my TenTec board and a few bucks if you would
be kind enough to help me with the the assembly.  For comic relief, I
could even send you my current antenna assembly!!  (Actually, no, I'd
be too embarressed.  My soldering job on the TenTec amp would be bad
enough!

That would be neat!  Then I could boast that my antenna was built by
the Antenna King himself!!

I can even pay you in X10 modules, if you want! :)  I have several
extras here!  (How could I resist those 4-for-1 offers??)

One item of note... on my current transceivers, I did change the
antennas a few years back.  I just put on slightly longer ones  (still
metal telescoping ones - $2.00 at the local electronics store).

For me,  I have to put them at 45 degrees.  If they are straight up,
they don't work as well.

I have two on my main level (as I have mentioned), and I could use
EVERY controller (keychain/slimline/palmpad/credit card) from every
inch of the house.  Even the Active Eyes tucked up away in the walk-in
closets fire perfectly every time.

To answer your question, I did buy a new CM15A and returned the old
one.  The guy from X10 said that this new one (with the newer date code
on back) is more reliable.

Looking forward to your reply!

Mike