Re: ademco vista 20P expansion zone interior delay problem

> Well, the * 97 restore to factory defaults did the
> trick, everything is working as expected now.  I
> wonder if I should have done that in the first
> place when I first got the board and hooked it up.
> Unknown if it was a pre-existing condition or if
> it was something this DIYer did wrong.

It may have been a mistake in your programming.  It might also have been a
returned board which someone else already programmed.  One of the problems
distributors face is dealers returning as "new and unneeded" hardware which
they have in fact already placed in service.  Some dishonest dealers will
swap a new board for a malfunctioning board and then return the defective
unit to the distributor.  The large distributors haven't the resources to
check every parcel for the occasional rip-off.  It goes right back on the
shelf and eventually it's sold to another dealer.

In your case the panel might have been misprogrammed, giving someone else
the same problems.  If the dealer wasn't smart enough to factory default the
board and try again he could swap it with a good board from another box and
send it back.  It happens all the time.  Anyway, glad to know you got it
solved.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass