Re: NAPCO PCI MINI

"autonut843" <hmjunk31415@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1119190305.106415.59740@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi Robert,
> I just went to your web site and saw the Ademco Vista 20P for $118.25.
> I'm interested but I have some questions.
> Previously I've been buying my alarm parts on eBay.  I went through
> several 20P boards until I finally found one that had all the features
> the manual described.  I put food on the table by doing embedded C
> programming so I'm pretty sure I was able to figure out how to program
> the alarm correctly.  (Not boasting, just letting you know I'm not a
> newbie to programming hardware)  Various people told me that some 20P's
> are made for ADT or others and may not have all the functionality
> described.  (All boards said 20P on them, some just couldn't be
> programmed as such)  Such is life on eBay I guess.  My current board is
> having difficulty with interior follower zones on 4229 expansion
> devices.  Arm stay all is well, arm away, enter, trip interior follower
> type 04 wired to main board all is well, trip interor follower type 04
> wired to 4229 expansion board causes instant alarm.  I tried changing
> it to type 10 interior delay and had the same problem.  It seems to me
> that the firmware on the board has a bug but I don't know.  To get rid
> of this problem I'd like to buy a known good board from a seller that
> will stand behind their product and I'll sell the bad board on eBay
> described as such.  However, if I buy a board from you and it has the
> same problem, can I return it?  It looks like the boards have serial
> numbers so not trying to do a bait and switch.  Willing to pay more
> than eBay prices but wanting more than eBay service to go with it.  Can
> you help me?  Thanks.

Lot's of other online dealers sell Ademco products (some even more
competively priced).  Most online resellers have a return policy, but you
have to pay the shipping.  In addition, you wouldn't get your money back on
a system that's defective (and that's obviously been installed).  He'd only
ship you another board.  I'd suggest  that you talk to one of your local
alarm dealers and purchase the product through him.  Returning a faulty
board would be much simpler.