Re: Preventing Random X-10 Code interference...

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for your assistance.

Yes, I do have about four macros stored in the interface, but they
don't seem to be affecting anything at all.  When my monitor would spit
out a code in which I store a macro, it would simply activate that
macro.

On the evening that I did my most major test, I turned off about 75% of
the breakers in my house(!), leaving only my office connected (since I
was working).

I even unplugged all my tranceivers, too.

Lo and behold, when I saw dozens of stray codes, that's when I knew it
was something in my office.

And yes, I am VERY familiar with J STATUS REQUESTS(!).

I very often clear the grid, which also clears the scrolling activity
monitor at the same time.

That's how I troubleshoot.

I cleared my history at 3:24 this afternoon.

There have been 480 events since then in the scrolling history window
(Some are shown on two lines).
Most of these events are the Active Eyes, which track movement.

When I look at the grid, I now see the following in Red:
E13, G1, H1, P3.

That's four stray codes in 8 hours.  Heck, that's not bad.  I was
getting 10 stray codes a minute before.

Now, when I examine that list of 480 in the Activity monitor, I see the
following gremlins:

3:30:51 RECEIVE ExtendedDataTransfer
3:30:53 RECEIVE H Dim 0%
3:31:51 RECEIVE E13

So, it looks to me like 3 of my 4 stray codes happened within one
second, and the other one, a P3 is nowhere to be found on my scrolling
activity monitor.

It's so odd.

I have entirely unplugged the noisy old monitor, but have left my two
LGs plugged in all day.

I think I will clear the history.
Unplug the LG's, too.
And see what happens in the AM.

At least I have not walked by to see my kitchen lit up, my pool nice
and bright, or my disco ball spinning.

Things are getting better.....  (But still not good enough to risk
hooking up a garage door or coffee maker to my system!)

We shall see!

MG