Re: Preventing Random X-10 Code interference...

"Michael G." <514mike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thanks Dave!
>
>I do enjoy reading the in-depth discussions, even if 85% of them are
>over my head!

They are often over my head, too. ;)

>To answer your questions, yes, I do have a 2-way module, but it's not
>causing the problem, since I did turn off that breaker during my tests.
>
>And yes, I do have a CM15A.  That was my first thought right off the
>bat.  Needless to say, when I unplugged the CM15A, I still had the
>problems with the random codes.
>
>The 1/3 pattern is quite bizarre.
>
>What I just noticed is that these 1 and 3's do NOT show up in my Active
>Home's Activity Monitor.  The only occasional stray code I see is
>"STATUS REQUEST" (whatever that is).

Do you have a Leviton phase coupler?

STATUS REQUEST is usually sent by software as opposed to being generated
automatically by a module or interface. Two-way modules respond to it with
the specific response depending on the capabilities (and manufacturer) of
the two-way module.

It might also be sent by a misbehaving interface such as a CM11A with a
dangling serial cable. "J STATUS REQUEST" is often seen in that scenario.

>The 1 and 3's lighting up are only within the Historical Usage Grid.

Could they have been coming from the two-way module?

>That leads me to believe that perhaps my stray codes have stopped, and
>this is now exclusively a software issue...

I'm not really familiar with the ActiveHomePro (or ActiveHome) software as I
always write my own. Can you clear the Historical Usage Grid? How about the
Activity Monitor? These noise events are really confusing and difficult to
sort out so its best to start with a clean slate and keep things as simple
as possible until the cause is identified.

Do you have any macros stored in the CM15A?