Re: X10 -> UPB?

Martin,

He was taking shots at me, not at you.

Thanks for the date. There have been a couple of posters who have said UPB
devices have been available for several years. I've countered that they've
been shipping for less than a year and that most of the reports posted here
have been from dealers/installers rather than end users.

I've also written that I expect UPB will likely prove robust (given that
it's two-way with ACK/NAK) and be popular with installers. I think the
question that is still unanswered is whether the higher cost is justified
and that's really up to each user to decide.

There have been several new technologies introduced recently and none have
been reported on extensively by users without a vested interest.