Re: X10 -> UPB?

>>160us*4 = 640uS < 330uS. Umm.. So how does that work or were those docs
>>really "preliminary". Is anyone actually using UPB? Seems like a nice
>>technology especially with the Upstart software for system programming.
>

> See p7 of...
>
>      http://www.simply-automated.com/documents/UpbDescription_V1.1.pdf
>
> They may mean 4 x 40µS bit times - it's really ambiguous as drawn.

I just sat down and started reading some of this. The diagram on page 7
is clear to me. The UPB data pulse is located within the last 800us of 1
half cycle. The location of 'noise' that 800us window determines whether
a 00, 01, 10, or 11 (0,1,2,3) is sent. The window for those is 160us.
The receiver basically samples at the middle of those 160us windows to
determine two bits of data..

-jr