Re: X10 -> UPB?

The UPB commands all seem to start with a control key e.g. Control-R).
ASCII command implementations may not provide a way to send these.

I notice that one of the suppliers of UPB licensed hardware has a UPB
controller with an Ethernet interface instead of RS232. That is progress.
It's a shame that PCS didn't make the controller capable of receiving and
sending X-10 - they use different sectors of the 60Hz cycle so it's
technically possible. I think an Ethernet interface that did both UPB and
X-10 would find a market. Of course, X-10 modules that used BPL for
communication would find an even bigger market.

<aside>
UPB protocol documentation shows four non-overlapping 160µS bit times in the
last 333µS of each half cycle. They seem to have a warped view of time which
might explain the inflated claims about how long UPB has been available.
</aside>