Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
> >> Are you (or is anyone) aware of a ready-to-go C-Max program that does
what
> >> we've been describing?  I'm really a lousy C-Maxer.
> >
> >You may find some examples on the Adicon Support Forum.  If you can't
find
> >something to help, I'll code up an example for you when I get a chance.
>
> Jeff,
>
> I developed a DIY project about a year ago for direct X-10 RF input to a
> CPU-XA/Ocelot/Leopard, allowing them to treat the RF code as if it were
IR.
> It can handle both standard and security RF since it's just a matter of
> learning the codes and programming responses. If you want to do something
> with it I'll try to find my notes.

That would be the ideal way to handle the problem.  I am surprised that
Adicon never got into the X-10 RF arena.

I ordered a serial Bobcat and an Ocelot today for my video MUX project.  I'm
worried that propagation delays will haunt that system, too.  It will be
taking IR commands on from the UR24A's AUX2 and translating them into serial
commands the MUX can use.  I'm hoping it will be a fairly simply C-Max
program to write:

IF IR (X) received THEN Transmit Serial (X)

I'll just have to step through all the AUX2 buttons, capture all the IR
codes, assign serial messages to each and I am done.

--
Bobby G.