Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

> "Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:

(stuff snipped)

> Two codes would be sufficient to prevent accidental codes. But, there are
> still some difficulties.
>
> The HR12A sends 5-6 copies of a code and each one takes ~105ms so this
adds
> 1/2 second or so delay.

That should just about match the time it would take move a finger from one
key to the next, so that's not a problem.

> With universal remotes sending to unit codes > 9 is not very
> straightforward.

That's for sure.  I would have to dig out the manual to remember how.  We
reserved the higher numbers for modules not normally controlled by a remote.
For example, the appliance module for my air compressor is shut off in the
evening so it doesn't wake people if  I forget to manually turn it off.

Anyway, using a 2-number sequence for RF links would solve a stray RF
problem from neighbors.  This can be implemented now  with existing high-end
controllers like the Ocelot, or a modified RF to line translator.

Jeff