Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

> Anyway, using a 2-number sequence for RF links would solve a stray RF
> problem from neighbors.  This can be implemented now  with existing
high-end
> controllers like the Ocelot, or a modified RF to line translator.

Are you (or is anyone) aware of a ready-to-go C-Max program that does what
we've been describing?  I'm really a lousy C-Maxer.

> We reserved the higher numbers for modules not normally
> controlled by a remote.

That's a great idea.  There are so many X-10 controllers that are very
awkward to use beyond 8 unit codes.  Why they didn't put a FOUR-position
slide on the damn Mini-controllers is beyond me.  You can mod them to use
the higher ranges, but the true fix is a four position switch.

--
Bobby G.