Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

<stuff snipped>

> >Another poster commented on stray RF commands from neighbors.  Here is
where
> >the CM15A can help without getting too complicated.  I'm not suggesting
> >security at the level of entry systems.  Just a 2 or 3 code press within
> >time window to enable relaying a received RF command to the powerline.
The
> >goal is to prevent neighbors stray commands from controlling his X10
> >modules.
>
> Two codes would be sufficient to prevent accidental codes. But, there are
> still some difficulties.
>
> The HR12A sends 5-6 copies of a code and each one takes ~105ms so this
adds
> 1/2 second or so delay.

This is Palm Pad, correct?  It's a bitch to have to twist the dial but I
bought some of the extension knobs for the code dial, so it's not a big
thing.  The UR24 is my mainstay controller.  How does that react to sending
a code preamble?  I know it's different from the Maxi controller where you
can enter a long sequence of unit presses before pressing a function button.
There is no command stacking via the UR24 that I am aware of.

It would be nice to be able to send the following:

[6] [ON]  -- would default to the currently set housecode

[6] [6] [ON] -- would select housecode F and turn unit 6 ON.

> With universal remotes sending to unit codes > 9 is not very
> straightforward.

There could be some uniformity injected into the process if the user entered
two digits for every code, padding single digit codes out with leading
zeroes or they use the enter key as a code delimiter between unit commands.

I'm sure there are more profound technical issues - perhaps you'll be
gracious enough to explain!

--
Bobby G.