Re: SooooOOOOOOOOOO ?

On 5/27/2021 8:36 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 26, 2021 at 6:11:21 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> now come on Les, there's cows there, there just "on" the horses...
>>> ;-)
>>>
>>> RTS
>>>
>> That's Funny!! But, comparing a cow to the good looking riders is
>> bit off key. I would have chosen another 4 footed animal to compare! :-)
>>
>> Actually there are Cows on the Amish Farm that is on the other side
>> of the road. Along with Horse Teams for pulling Plows and Buggies.
>> Ain't no technology as we know it, happening there!!
>>
>> Les
> Hey Les
>
> Maybe you could talk the Amish into buying some plastic cups and rolls of string for local communication and some megaphones for long distance.
>
> So have you ever heard this one?
> What is this
> clip-- - - - clop,     clip - - - clop,     clip - - - --clop,     clip-clop, clip-clop, , BANG, BANG, BANG, clippity-clop, clipity-clop, clippity-clop, clipity-clop
>
> It's an Amish drive by shooting.

Yes, that is a very oldie!!

I had a job to install a Fire Alarm in a renovated building that
was going to have 8 apartments. The building owner/contractor
was Amish.  The deal was 50% to start, 30% on delivery of equipment
and 20% on completion.  Did the pre-wire and when the place was
ready to start the install I got the equipment and delivered to
location and received a check for $2600.  Two days later I found
out that the check had bounced.  I was on my way to another job.
I turned around and when to the apartment site.  The place was
locked up, no one on site.  I got the outside key and went inside
and removed all the parts and placed in my van.  Then I called
the Amish guy on his cell phone.  I told him his check bounced
and if he wanted the job completed it would have to be cash or
a cashiers check before I would continue.  He said, "Well you
don't know how to work with the Amish!!"  I never told him that
I had removed the equipment and I never went back.  I informed
the local inspector I was off the job.  I used the equipment
on other jobs there after.

Les