Re: SooooOOOOOOOOOO ?

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 9:48:49 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 5/25/2021 6:45 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 9:17:40 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:=20
> >> On 5/24/2021 7:41 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
ices. I don't have the feintest idea of what either of them do. At this sta=
ge of my life, It's probably my inherant rejection of having to learn how t=
o program a new panel. Especially since I've been installing only Napco pan=
els for over 40 years. I don't mind learning a new product like Ubiquity, o=
r Starlink etc, - - - - - - - But a new panel ?=20
> >> As for 2GIG GC2e panel. It has a lot of capabilities. The=20
> >> documentation for this panel sucks, as most do these days.=20
> >> The system allows voice notices for a zone being opened.=20
> >> Such as "Front Door Open". On of the zones on this new=20
> >> install is "Interior Garage Door". You don't type in the names=20
> >> you have to choose from a list that is provided in the docs.=20
> >> There are maybe 286 different words and or phrases that are available.=
=20
> >> The unit has a touch screen and when you are at the location to progra=
m=20
> >> the zone names the first is shown as "abort" and you can type in the=
=20
> >> word number to enter the first word. So I look at the list of words an=
d=20
> >> go to the "G's" - the first G is "Game" it is number 100 on the list.=
=20
> >> The next is "Garbage" it is number 101. Looking at the rest of the lis=
t=20
> >> there is no "Garage". I am thinking that's odd. So I find the the=20
> >> docs say that it is for Firmware v1.31. I check the panel it is v1.32.=
=20
> >> hmmmmmmm so I look on line and the docs that I have is all that are=20
> >> available. ??????? I then think maybe the panel has a Garage in place=
=20
> >> but I don't know the number. So I start tapping the next key until I=
=20
> >> reach the "G's". 100 is "Game" and 101 is "Garage" and there is=20
> >> NO GARBAGE!!! Stupid TYPO!!!!=20
> >>=20
> >> Anyhow, you have now been educated with Chapter 101a of 2GIG Security=
=20
> >> Panels by Professor Les. Hope that made your day!!!=20
> >>=20
> >> Have a better day!!!=20
> >>=20
> >> Les=20
> > Lots of years ago, I think FBI had a talking panel and then there was (=
I think ) Apex. And if I'm not mistaken, Napco has one also. Doesn't the "F=
reedom" keypad have voice? I forgot.=20
> > I thought the talking keypad was just a fabulous feature years ago. BUT=
, - - - - on the few I installed the customers all called me back and asked=
 me to shut it off because it was too annoying to have to constantly hear "=
The sliding door is open", "The sliding door is open", "The sliding door is=
 open", "The sliding door is open", - - - - as the kids went in and out to =
the pool.=20
> > And on those panels the user didn't have access to turn off the voice=
=20
> > I think there was a car that had a voice notification too. "A door is o=
pen" etc, etc while you were trying to talk to somo one. That lasted about =
one model and the next year it was gone.=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > So again though. How did you get the network to the barn? Cable,? Ubiqu=
ity outdoor access point? Semaphore? Dixi cups and string?
> Sorry Jim my bad!! Got distracted......................=20
>=20
> Originally I ran cable from the house to a tobacco barn to a Data Switch=
=20
> and then up a hill in conduit to a pole that I mounted a EnGenius=20
> wireless bridge that sent the signal to another one on the barn that is=
=20
> about 120' away. From that unit cabled 200' through the attic=20
> of the barn to another switch and a EnGenius WiFi Point. That worked=20
> fine until there was a lighting bolt and some parts went elsewhere.=20
> Replaced the EnGenius with Ubiquity antennas. Again all seems to work=20
> fine.=20
>=20
> Now they want to start streaming video from the barn. The speeds=20
> can't handle it and it was decided to hardwire all the way to the=20
> barn with Data Switches to boost the signal. Will be placing=20
> Ubiquity Wireless Points. 1 ea. U6-LR and 3 ea. U6-Lite units=20
> placed in the barn and stable areas to get coverage.=20
>=20
> There will be a Unifi Cloudkey installed to control all the points.=20
>=20
> Cabling will be a pain!! But doable. All T&M.=20
>=20
> Hope all that makes sense.

WOW!=20
And all that just so the cows can watch Opra! and Dr. Pol.
Amazing.
Well, I guess there's something better about the milk from a satisfied cow.