Re: SooooOOOOOOOOOO ?

On 5/21/2021 11:00 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> What's goin on with everyone?
> .
> I've got a 2500 sqft single story house under construction. He's a builder and this is going to be their retirement home. All wiring is being brought back to a utility closet in the office
> .
>   I'm doing alarm. No contacts on windows, just audio glass break detectors in each room with windows. ( That's what they wanted) Contacts on doors. 3 Keypads, Four smokes. Using Napco 1664 and DK 1 (blue backlight) keypads.
> .
> Four outside cameras, Three in the front ( one looking at the front door) . One in the back looking at the pool and cabana. I've stopped using Hikvision some time ago after they got hacked and I've always felt uneasy about a Chinese company providing CCTV cameras anyway. Now using a company that's become very popular around here called INViD . Make a decent line of cameras and assembled in Mexico or South America someplace (I Think) I like the peer to peer method of mating the cameras to the phone app, rather than having to do port forwarding and getting into the customers router etc. Once you do that, every time they have a router problem it becomes mine. No more of that. I wanted to put in more cameras but they think they don't need them. I know they'll be sorry later but . . . . . . . . .
> .
> I'm Installing  Internet/WiFi and Ethernet wiring and doing the setup. Using 2 Ubiquiti UniFi Access points. AP AC PRO 802.11ac  plus a Netgear Nighthawk router and 16 port network switch. Ethernet wires to each TV plus various other locations. Six TV;s Used 2 inch flex tubing from basement to the Bedroom, Living room and Family Room TV's so wires can be pulled to TV's in the future. I'm sure Fiber HDMI cables will be becoming more popular as TV's go from 4K to 8k and on up and get faster and faster processors so I wanted to leave access for the future. Other TV's have Ethernet hookup for streaming only.
> .
> One of he TV;s is going to be outdoors on the covered patio with an honest to goodness outdoor rated TV set. In the past I've had customers just put a regular TV out doors and they take it in in the winter time. They'll last a few years and then throw it away. I'm Running the interior RG6 for 3 cable boxes boxes too. Running the Living room TV and the Patio TV from the same cable box and have to use an HDMI extender for the Patio TV. since they're about 40 feet apart. I don't want to take a chance with a 50 foot HDMI cable and a 50 foot fiber cable cost too much at this point.
> .
> [...]

Golly Gee Whiz Jim, you be a busy guy!!!

Comment #1: I don't do Glass Break Detectors anymore unless the
customer can't be talked out of it.  Had a few false alarms
and they can't be properly tested with out breaking a window or
two and curtains and such will defeat the purpose.

Comment #2: Please provide more info on the INVID cameras that you are
using.  Are you using WiFi Cameras to the network and app on phone??

Project #1: Old 4 Story building turned into a 7 unit apartment
building. Installing a Aiphone Intercom system with 2 door stations.

Project #2: Single house GC2e system no monitoring.

Project #3: Barn WiFi system to allow video streaming and other
activities.  Ubiquity wireless points and network 350+ feet from
the cable modem.

Beyond that I need to go and mow the grass and other yard work!!!

Hope all yous' guys' is doin well.

Later,

Les