Re: SooooOOOOOOOOOO ?

On Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 9:17:40 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 5/24/2021 7:41 PM, Jim Davis wrote:=20
> > Les,=20
> > I never looked into either the 2GIG or Alarm dot Com products or servic=
es. I don't have the feintest idea of what either of them do. At this stage=
 of my life, It's probably my inherant rejection of having to learn how to =
program a new panel. Especially since I've been installing only Napco panel=
s for over 40 years. I don't mind learning a new product like Ubiquity, or =
Starlink etc, - - - - - - - But a new panel ?=20
> > I don't know why but - - - - Oooogie !=20
> > .=20
> > Also, what method did you use to travel the 350 feet with the network?
> As for 2GIG GC2e panel. It has a lot of capabilities. The=20
> documentation for this panel sucks, as most do these days.=20
> The system allows voice notices for a zone being opened.=20
> Such as "Front Door Open". On of the zones on this new=20
> install is "Interior Garage Door". You don't type in the names=20
> you have to choose from a list that is provided in the docs.=20
> There are maybe 286 different words and or phrases that are available.=20
> The unit has a touch screen and when you are at the location to program=
=20
> the zone names the first is shown as "abort" and you can type in the=20
> word number to enter the first word. So I look at the list of words and=
=20
> go to the "G's" - the first G is "Game" it is number 100 on the list.=20
> The next is "Garbage" it is number 101. Looking at the rest of the list=
=20
> there is no "Garage". I am thinking that's odd. So I find the the=20
> docs say that it is for Firmware v1.31. I check the panel it is v1.32.=20
> hmmmmmmm so I look on line and the docs that I have is all that are=20
> available. ??????? I then think maybe the panel has a Garage in place=20
> but I don't know the number. So I start tapping the next key until I=20
> reach the "G's". 100 is "Game" and 101 is "Garage" and there is=20
> NO GARBAGE!!! Stupid TYPO!!!!=20
>=20
> Anyhow, you have now been educated with Chapter 101a of 2GIG Security=20
> Panels by Professor Les. Hope that made your day!!!=20
>=20
> Have a better day!!!=20
>=20
> Les
Lots of years ago, I think FBI had a talking panel and then there was (I th=
ink ) Apex. And if I'm not mistaken, Napco has one also. Doesn't the "Freed=
om" keypad have voice? I forgot.
I thought the talking keypad was just a fabulous feature years ago. BUT, - =
- - - on the few I installed the customers all called me back and asked me =
to shut it off because it was too annoying to have to constantly hear "The =
sliding door is open", "The sliding door is open", "The sliding door is ope=
n", "The sliding door is open", - - - -  as the kids went in and out to the=
 pool.=20
And on those panels the user didn't have access to turn off the voice=20
I think there was a car that had a voice notification too. "A door is open"=
 etc, etc while you were trying to talk to somo one. That lasted about one =
model and the next year it was gone.

So again though. How did you get the network to the barn? Cable,? Ubiquity =
outdoor access point? Semaphore? Dixi cups and string?