Re: Power Cycle

On 3/26/2021 4:28 PM, RTS wrote:
>   as best as I can remember, (an effort in it self)
> the detectors were the old Ademco type with the off set
> heat sensor wings at the smoke chamber..
> (probability 10-15 years ago?  maybe more...)
> All Photo's,  never have used the ions....

So as I am trying to visualize this??  The Photo Smoke
is mounted on the ceiling of ?drywall? that on the other
side is this PVC bag wrapped insulation.  So the PVC bag
gives off a gas a molecules that infiltrates the smoke
through the wire or box penetration of the drywall ceiling
sufficient enough to reflect enough infrared light in the
sensing chamber to trip the detector.

WOW!!!  So if you knew that it might happen and the code
requires smokes to be installed you would have to fill up
the penetration area with fire caulk to stop the infiltration
of this nasty molecule??

Or maybe run the other way!!!!  Scary!!  :-(

Have a good weekend guys!!!

Les