Re: Power Cycle

On 3/24/2021 1:16 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 12:05:49 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> Has anyone used or installed a 120volt power relay that would allow
>>
>> for a 23 hour 59 minute on time and a 1 minute off time that would then
>> repeat the cycle??
>>
>> The desire would be to have a remote device do a daily reboot without
>> human intervention.
>>
>> I know I can build one to do the job but I was wondering if someone
>> knows of a device that would be off the shelf available to just plug in.
>>
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Les
> take a look at the Altronix PT 724A
>

> It does a lot of things but I didn't get into the details to see if it would do what you want
>
> I know it's low voltage but you could add a power supply and a power relay on the output if the contacts on the unit weren't heavy enough
>
> There's also the smaller 6062 which DOES have the feature of setting a time and at the end of the period it will trip for one second and then recycle it again. However this only max's out at 60 minutes. But I think you might be able to fudge around with the capacitor or resistor on the board and make it for a longer period. Again, though ..... it's all low voltage but you could work that out.

Thanks Jim,

I have actually have a couple of these Altronix units unlocking
doors to a couple of buildings.  But, I need a timer to switch
on and off 120vac.

You may have already read that Rocky pointed me to a unit at
Lowes that pointed me to what I think will work for my application.

Thanks again!!

Have a good day!!

Les