Re: A few to make you laugh

On 4/19/2020 12:32 PM, Bob La Londe wrote:
> On 4/19/2020 9:08 AM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> There was this realtor that got a call from a prospective buyer.
>> The caller said he was new to the area and was looking for a house.
>> He said that it had to have a lo'stau.  So the realtor thought of
>> the perfect house for the guy.  They set a time and meet at the house.
>> They walked through the front door and there was this beautiful statue
>> of the Venus Di Milo in the foyer.  The buyer looked through the entire
>> house at his leisure.  Returned to the front door and said.
>> "I lika da house but there is no lo'stau!!  Whata elsea you gots."
>>
>> So the realtor was a bit puzzled, but being the professional he was
>> he said there was a house across town that might suit.  So, they
>> met at another house.  This house had a large granite statue in the
>> front yard of Zeus.  As well as a few other smaller statues around
>> the yard of other mythical creatures.  The buyer got out of the car
>> and started his walk through.  Once he finished he returned to the
>> car and said  "I lika dis house hasa well but there is no lo'stau!!
>> Whata elsea you gots."
>>
>> Now the realtor is trying to remain cool.  But, he about to reach
>> the end of his rope.  But again being the professional he was says.
>> I know of another house that may be of your liking but it will take
>> a couple of days to set up a walk through.
>> The buyer says "Datsa ok, you a leta me know."
>>
>> A couple of days later the realtor has the new house set for a show.
>> He brought in a multitude of statues from around the area to this one
>> big house.  There are statues at the gate entrance, in the front yard,
>> in house entrance, small ones in the kitchen, in the basement, in the
>> dining room, by the pool, even in the master bath!!  Surely this will
>> meet the buyers request.  The buyer shows up.  Does an entire walk
>> through that takes over an hour.  He returns to the realtor and says.
>> "I lika da house but there is NO lo'stau!!"
>>
>> The realtor loses it and screams at the buyer.
>> YOU CAN"T SEE THE STATUES?? THEY ARE EVERY WHERE!!!
>>
>> The buyer says no.  Thatsa nota what I a wanta.  I wanta one of
>> dhosa dhings you a pick up and say "hello is dat you"!!
>>

> I first heard that as a Polack joke when I was a kid.  My mom is Polish
> and German (primarily) and she used to know all the best Polack jokes.
> Her maiden name was Clements which had been shortened from Clementski
> when her grandfather came from the old country.  Very Polish.  LOL.
>
> Halo'Statu
>
> You did a very good job of telling it in type, but its really an audible.
>
> ... and in his thick Polish accent he said, "I want a little halo'statu
> in the corner."
>
> "A hallow statue mused?" the realtor.  "Ok.  People want what they want."
>
> This is one of those areas were PC has destroyed a basically harmless
> racial joke.  In this age you just can't tell it right without being
> branded a racist.  Heck, mentioning the skin color of a cold blooded
> [...]

Bob,

What I did in type was very difficult.  I remembered the story in bits
and pieces from way back when.... And started to type.  I had to type it
out correctly and then go back and started to put the audible in between
the words to make it read almost right.  As I did I started to remember
more of the story until I got it a right as I could.  Phewwwww!!

Thanks for the approval.

As for the racist portion makes me think that who would be more of a
racist?  The one telling the story or the one listening.  Personally
I never think of it that way.  I just think it is a funny story.

FWIW when my Dad told the story I thought it is an Italian that wanted
a lo'stau or halo'statu as you put it.  Both sound good to me!!  LOL

Les