Re: Not about >> Javier << any more.............

On 6/13/2018 4:30 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 8:00:30 AM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>>

>> Jim,
>>
>> Thanks for that vivid impression.
>>
>> However, only part of your description would be true.
>> I haven't had the ability to get on my knees for about 5 years now.
>> Having NEW knees will do that to a person when the surgery is performed
>> as my was.  The incision went directly over the knee cap.  And now,
>> that is were the scar tissue is located and getting on my knees is
>> very very painful.  Sadly, I only have but two knees to give to the
>> medical profession, so I am screwed.
>> I say the above not for sympathy but to educate.  To those reading
>> and new knees are in your future be advised that the above is true.
>> What you need to do is find a surgeon that understands and will
>> make the incision that goes around the knee cap. Such as ----____----
>> I know a guy that had one of his done and has no problem
>> getting down on concrete with his knee.  Brought a tear to my eye watching.
>>
>> BTW Jim, with what I (we) do it is necessary to get down to do the work.
>> I do get down on the floor to work as needed but my knees do not touch
>> the floor.  I tell the customer not to watch, since is in not a pretty
>> site to behold the getting down and especially up.  :-)
>>
>> With all that being said I would leave the screwdriver on the floor
>> and pick it up for you, only after I am up.  ;-)
>>
>> Les
>
> Sorry to hear that. My wife had that surgery and I know what you mean.
>
> I've been very (VERY) fortunate that, at my age, I can still get down on the floor and up again and still able to crawl on attic beam. I can get up from the floor with somewhat of a effort but it's become habit to bring something to lean on to get up, if I'm going to be down there for awhile.
> I can't kneel on the attic beams as long as I used to but when I think I'll be up there awhile, I wear kneepads.
>
> The other day I had to get up in an attic with an attic hatch so small that I had put my tool pouch up first then I had to put both of my hands straight above my head, place my torso diagonally across the opening and toggle my body back and forth through the hole while ascending the ladder. It's a good thing my shoulders are wider than my ass.
>
> Although my wife says my ass is small because that's where my brains are.

ROFLMAO!!

Had a similar attic hole a couple of weeks ago.  Needed to replace a
heat detector.  If I could have gotten through as you described, I would
never have gotten out.  Happily the homeowner was very helpful and
did it for me.  I love my customers!!!

The heat detector was installed by a guy that I bought out about 25
years ago.  The idiot used a 135 deg heat detector in the attic.
Amazingly is never tripped.  Unlike another one unit at the other end of
the house.  He also used telephone station wire for everything. Stupid!!

My wife has similar observations as well, although it has nothing to
do with my ass.