Re: Hello this is Javier just wondering what this group is about

On 6/9/2018 4:36 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Saturday, June 9, 2018 at 10:54:36 AM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
>> what's about?
>>
>> well time line usually goes like this..
>>
>> 0800 show up for work..
>>
>> 0815 get daily assignments
>>
>> 0830 pick up parts
>>
>> 0900 check map to be sure where going
>>
>> 0915 check vehicle for lights, fluids, etc...
>>
>> 0945 take pre-work coffee break
>>
>> 1015 mount up in vehicle record mileage in log book
>>
>> 1030 stop by gas station and fill up vehicle
>>
>> 1100 stop at first job..  check with customer as to what they expected..
>>
>> 1115 confer with management about what customer expected and what had
>> been assigned
>>
>> 1145 stop work and head out for lunch
>>
>> 1245 back at first job after lunch..
>>
>> 0115 stop job tell customer had to go back to shop for additional parts
>> not told about during job assignment
>>
>> 0145 back at shop  pickup additional pats
>>
>> 0200 afternoon coffee break
>>
>> 0230 head back to job site
>>
>> 0330 head back to shop after getting customer system up temporary
>>
>> 0400 fill out end of day paper work for hours worked and parts used. and
>> enter info on computer for future reference  also request for additional
>> parts to restock vehicle
>>
>> 0445 compare daily work with other employees for future reference
>>
>> 0500 clock out head for local BAR and unwind from the hard days work....
>>
>> " the life of a hard working Security Professional"
>>
>> *Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.
>>

>> *
>>
> Hmm,
>
> That's about one quarter the amount of my day,
>
> Up at 7AM Watch the weather/traffic/news channel, while I'm clearing my head for the day.
>
> Shower and eat breakfast by 8AM
>
> Pick up telephone messages and Emails and return telephone calls from yesterday.
>
> Order parts for upcoming jobs or today's service calls..
>
> Confer with office manager about accounts payable/receivables, job scheduling and review and actions to take on central station logs.
>
> Pick up parts on way to jobs. ( I've got 3 distributors in every direction within 15 to 30 minutes from me)
>
> Arrive on jobs approximately 10- 10:30 AM ( depending upon distance)
>
> If I have commercial service calls I do those before arriving at residential jobs.
>
> Work straight through until about 3 ... 4PM or later if nothing else scheduled  Handling various telephone calls during the day that can't wait .....only if necessary. ( I don't eat lunch or take breaks unless customer offers a cup of something)
>
> If I have other small jobs or service calls to make, I leave job and eat packed lunch on the way to residential service calls scheduled after homeowners arrive home from work.
>
> I schedule as many small repairs, service calls and upgrades as possible to finish before 9PM ( Later than that is imposing upon homeowners personal time. If there is no one on site and I have access I'll work later.

> [...]

Jim,

LOL Almost "use to be" my daily schedule.
Except for the "Office Manager" term.  Wife hates when I

I can safely say that in another 20 years your schedule
WILL change.  I know.................  The body just
starts to wear out.

I agree, others can't keep up and they don't understand.
Even now I notice they keep taking breaks and I don't.

Being in control is important.  BTW this means WE are
control freaks, doesn't it.  Not all bad.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Les