Re: Not about >> Javier << any more.............

On 6/12/2018 9:15 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 7:00:23 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
>>>
>>> 20 YEARS ??????
>>>
>>> I don't think any one would sell me a ladder at that age.
>>
>> Oh some can sell you a ladder...........  it is the instructions
>> on how to use it will be the challenge.  :-)
>>

>>> And ��� Control Freak?     Naaaaah!
>>
>> Maybe freak was a to strong a word.... but it all comes out the same.
>>>
>>> I call it â?¦.. being passionate.  Maybe a little "compulsive.
>>>
>>> To me â?¦ the term control freak was invented by those who's goal is to see how much work they can get out of doing rather than seeing how much they can accomplish. People who don't look at a challenge as an opportunity to learn something new â?¦.. tuck the knowledge away to be used in the future.
>>>
>>> I am a sum total of my life's experience --- which at this point in my life allows me the modest income that lets me have the simple pleasure of going down to Home Depot and buying a tool that I may not need but buy it just because it's cool and just because I might need it some day or ��. take a week off and go on a little road trip to an adjacent state.
>>>

>> Even though we have walked different but similar path's, I would say WE
>> could most likely work well together.  It would be who will pick up the
>> screwdriver first...............
>> OR  Kill each other in the process.  LOL.
>>
>>> As Ol Blue Eye sang it â?¦..   ð??µð??µ  I did it my waaaaaaaaay. ð??µð??µ
>>>
>> DITTO!!!
>

> Just so you know, if we DID work together. if we were down on our hands and knees working, I would always be the one to get up to my feet first. Not because I'm younger or more spry than you but because I'd use you to lean on so I could get up.
>
> That way I could watch you struggle to find something to lean on so YOU could get up. And  â?¦â?¦.  you could pick up the screw driver on the way up.  ð???

Jim,

Thanks for that vivid impression.

However, only part of your description would be true.
I haven't had the ability to get on my knees for about 5 years now.
Having NEW knees will do that to a person when the surgery is performed
as my was.  The incision went directly over the knee cap.  And now,
that is were the scar tissue is located and getting on my knees is
very very painful.  Sadly, I only have but two knees to give to the
medical profession, so I am screwed.
I say the above not for sympathy but to educate.  To those reading
and new knees are in your future be advised that the above is true.
What you need to do is find a surgeon that understands and will
make the incision that goes around the knee cap. Such as ----____----
I know a guy that had one of his done and has no problem
getting down on concrete with his knee.  Brought a tear to my eye watching.

BTW Jim, with what I (we) do it is necessary to get down to do the work.
I do get down on the floor to work as needed but my knees do not touch
the floor.  I tell the customer not to watch, since is in not a pretty
site to behold the getting down and especially up.  :-)

With all that being said I would leave the screwdriver on the floor
and pick it up for you, only after I am up.  ;-)

Les