Re: PTZ info

On 3/29/2013 6:05 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Friday, March 29, 2013 6:17:40 AM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
>> On 3/26/2013 12:14 AM, Jim wrote: > On Monday, March 25, 2013 11:12:18 PM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote: > Our Company has been installing IP PTZ's. I don't have a whole lot of contact with them as I am pretty much pigeon holed into fire alarms. One my boss showed me had the fastest movement I have ever seen - I was pretty impressed. Being IP - they are controlled from a computer. I'll see if I can rustle up some info. I think they're POE (Power Over Ethernet) so the only wire you have to run is a Cat-5E. I'm not a hundred percent certain the PTZ's are POE but I think they are. > > I still haven't been able to convince myself that I can sell a customer on the fact that they have to pay for a "IP license" just to use a CCTV camera. I'm guessing that larger companies would take the IP license in stride but the small commercial and residential jobs that I do .... I don't think the client would go for it. > The cameras we use are GEN IV. If they do need licenses it's included with the NVR a
nd software. We have never had to buy a separate license for the cameras. I was out yesterday helping out (Boss has been trying to get me out on some camera stuff to get me trained up) with a 20 cam, 2 NVR system at a self storage place. The pictures blew any analog camera I've seen right out of the water. The cameras feed a wireless transmitter/receiver on each building which talks to a transmitter/receiver on the office. The head end is hidden in the garage and feeds the 50 inch flat screen monitor in the office via another wireless link. Using a remote from the desk, the view can be switched from one NVR to the other. then he uses a wireless mouse to move about the screen. 10 cams on each NVR. We were there to install a software update that would allow the owner to watch the cameras using the latest smartphone app. That took about fifteen minutes. The manager wanted the order of the views changed and we had to move about 2/3 of them. Took less than five minutes and it was all done
 through software. clickety, clickety, click... I never even saw the backs of the NVR's.

> A .... ***  TEN  *** .... camera NVR????

LOL - Two 16's.

They aren't perfect and if you fill up all 16 you can't do better that
720 picture.  Not HD enough for Brett...

Since he needed two NVR's anyway, he just split them up evenly.

Coolest thing was the remote the manager had would switch the monitor
between the feed from nvr 1 and nvr 2.  but you could have a view from
an nvr1 cam up on screen from nvr 2.  It's all software.

So we were able to move the images around just the way the manager
wanted them and never had to move a single connection.