Re: PTZ info

On 3/26/2013 12:14 AM, Jim wrote:
> On Monday, March 25, 2013 11:12:18 PM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
> Our Company has been installing IP PTZ's. I don't have a whole lot of contact with them as I am pretty much pigeon holed into fire alarms. One my boss showed me had the fastest movement I have ever seen - I was pretty impressed. Being IP - they are controlled from a computer. I'll see if I can rustle up some info. I think they're POE (Power Over Ethernet) so the only wire you have to run is a Cat-5E. I'm not a hundred percent certain the PTZ's are POE but I think they are.
>
> I still haven't been able to convince myself that I can sell a customer on the fact that they have to pay for a "IP license" just to use a CCTV camera. I'm guessing that larger companies would take the IP license in stride but the small commercial and residential jobs that I do .... I don't think the client would go for it.

The cameras we use are GEN IV.  If they do need licenses it's included
with the NVR and software.  We have never had to buy a separate license
for the cameras.

I was out yesterday helping out (Boss has been trying to get me out on
some camera stuff to get me trained up) with a 20 cam, 2 NVR system at a
self storage place.  The pictures blew any analog camera I've seen right
out of the water.  The cameras feed a wireless transmitter/receiver on
each building which talks to a transmitter/receiver on the office.

The head end  is hidden in the garage and feeds the 50 inch flat screen
monitor in the office via another wireless link.

Using a remote from the desk, the view can be switched from one NVR to
the other.  then he uses a wireless mouse to move about the screen.  10
cams on each NVR.

We were there to install a software update that would allow the owner to
watch the cameras using the latest smartphone app.  That took about
fifteen minutes.

The manager wanted the order of the views changed and we had to move
about 2/3 of them.  Took less than five minutes and it was all done
through software.  clickety, clickety, click... I never even saw the
backs of the NVR's.