Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On 3/28/2013 9:09 PM, Jim wrote:
> On Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:25:40 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
>   If the brick wall is that nice, don't do anything that permanently > mars it, except for the feed hole. Instead take a mold of the surface > with that conformal foam, like they use in packing. That stuff is like > a squishy pad. You would make it flat on the outside mounting surface > and a 'perfect' fit on the inside towards the wall. If you want, you > could make it rigid using expandable fill-foam, cut to shape, then use > a thin sealant between the two. Then there's the fibre glass epoxy > method, too. That's used in boats so would be water proof and last a > while. I see somebody has started to think outside the box a little bit for camera mounting.
>
> As I said, years ago, on commercial jobs, the mounts were always on flat surface. No fancy brickwork. I wonder what the companies that do commercial installs on regular basis use nowdays. I'm thinking they just screw the brackets to the brick however they land and use the adjustments on the mounts to align the camera. Me? I'm to frickin fussy .... I guess.
>
> I've even thought about renting a carbide disk cutter to flatten out a small section of the brick. That's what the Binford people on Tool Time would recommend.
>
> Haven't been there in awhile but maybe I'll take a look over in the cctv forum.

Typically, for most of our camera installs where the surface is uneven
it is made smooth using a chisel or grinder.  It depends on the what
sort of peaks and valleys you got.  Some is harder to knock down than
others.

The artistry comes when you put up the camera, box or bracket and
there's no slop showing.

Same as putting a Knox Box up.