Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:25:40 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
 If the brick wall is that nice, don't do anything that permanently > mars =
it, except for the feed hole. Instead take a mold of the surface > with tha=
t conformal foam, like they use in packing. That stuff is like > a squishy =
pad. You would make it flat on the outside mounting surface > and a 'perfec=
t' fit on the inside towards the wall. If you want, you > could make it rig=
id using expandable fill-foam, cut to shape, then use > a thin sealant betw=
een the two. Then there's the fibre glass epoxy > method, too. That's used =
in boats so would be water proof and last a > while. I see somebody has sta=
rted to think outside the box a little bit for camera mounting.

As I said, years ago, on commercial jobs, the mounts were always on flat su=
rface. No fancy brickwork. I wonder what the companies that do commercial i=
nstalls on regular basis use nowdays. I'm thinking they just screw the brac=
kets to the brick however they land and use the adjustments on the mounts t=
o align the camera. Me? I'm to frickin fussy .... I guess.=20

I've even thought about renting a carbide disk cutter to flatten out a smal=
l section of the brick. That's what the Binford people on Tool Time would r=
ecommend.=20

Haven't been there in awhile but maybe I'll take a look over in the cctv fo=
rum.