Re: Outdoor camera connections.

On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:12:14 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex> wrote in message news:01b7c2a9-3104-44e0-9947-=20

 Tough problem. Not going to be easy but if you can chisel and/or grind off=
 a flat spot on your rough surface large enough for your 4x4 box to sit fla=
t on top of your penetration hole in the wall. Plastic box can be painted t=
o best match the wall color but you need to use the right paint. Be sure to=
 caulk well around the box against the box. Good luck. Les

Thanks Les,
I've been thinking about it and today I thought about buying some duct-seal=
 and putting it on the back of a piece of Azek or PVC decking and just scre=
wing it to the wall. The weather wouldn't affect the board and the duct-sea=
l would steady the board and would "space it" too.  Duct-seal wouldn't dry =
out and it would keep the board steady. I thought about epoxy on the back o=
f the board also but I'd be concerned about controling the epoxy so it didn=
't run down the building before it dried. I'm thinking that there's all kin=
ds of "caulking" stuff out there too. I'll have to take a look next time I'=
m at Home Depot. Maybe just simple construction cement would work too.=20

Any other suggestions are welcome.