Re: PTZ info

On Friday, March 29, 2013 6:17:40 AM UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote:
> On 3/26/2013 12:14 AM, Jim wrote: > On Monday, March 25, 2013 11:12:18 PM=
 UTC-4, JoeRaisin wrote: > Our Company has been installing IP PTZ's. I don'=
t have a whole lot of contact with them as I am pretty much pigeon holed in=
to fire alarms. One my boss showed me had the fastest movement I have ever =
seen - I was pretty impressed. Being IP - they are controlled from a comput=
er. I'll see if I can rustle up some info. I think they're POE (Power Over =
Ethernet) so the only wire you have to run is a Cat-5E. I'm not a hundred p=
ercent certain the PTZ's are POE but I think they are. > > I still haven't =
been able to convince myself that I can sell a customer on the fact that th=
ey have to pay for a "IP license" just to use a CCTV camera. I'm guessing t=
hat larger companies would take the IP license in stride but the small comm=
ercial and residential jobs that I do .... I don't think the client would g=
o for it. > The cameras we use are GEN IV. If they do need licenses it's in=
cluded with the NVR and software. We have never had to buy a separate licen=
se for the cameras. I was out yesterday helping out (Boss has been trying t=
o get me out on some camera stuff to get me trained up) with a 20 cam, 2 NV=
R system at a self storage place. The pictures blew any analog camera I've =
seen right out of the water. The cameras feed a wireless transmitter/receiv=
er on each building which talks to a transmitter/receiver on the office. Th=
e head end is hidden in the garage and feeds the 50 inch flat screen monito=
r in the office via another wireless link. Using a remote from the desk, th=
e view can be switched from one NVR to the other. then he uses a wireless m=
ouse to move about the screen. 10 cams on each NVR. We were there to instal=
l a software update that would allow the owner to watch the cameras using t=
he latest smartphone app. That took about fifteen minutes. The manager want=
ed the order of the views changed and we had to move about 2/3 of them. Too=
k less than five minutes and it was all done through software. clickety, cl=
ickety, click... I never even saw the backs of the NVR's.=20

A .... ***  TEN  *** .... camera NVR????