Re: DSC phone line technical support is terrible

On Thursday, May 24, 2012 4:51:26 PM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:26:47 AM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> > On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:28:56 PM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
> > >=20
> > > Usually what's in the manual is all you need, doesn't take 20 calls t=
o >Canada to figure something like that out. And like I said I've not seen =
DSC >or anyone use a photocopied manual in over 20 years so I imagine what =
you >had was ancient.
> >=20
> > Well ..... your wrong. But you wouldn't know that because it's not in a=
 manual.=20
> >=20
> > Never having installed their product before and with no decent manual .=
.. there were a lot of unanswered questions that I normally would have pull=
ed the answers from the manual before calling. And, 20 was an exaggeration.=
 Their ineptitude and lack of cooperation is the issue. However, with your =
obsession to make snotty posts here, you must have missed that.
> =20
> Never had a problem with their tech support although I've never called th=
em as many times as you apparently kinda sorta have. I don't care for their=
 cellular solution but it does work and is easy to setup and use. Perhaps b=
y expecting it to be harder it confused you.
>=20
> > But anyway .....  thanks for confirming that you only know what you rea=
d. The people who are out here doing the actual installations have run into=
 people like you all the time. We all know what you don't know.
>=20
> Apparently not, I used to get calls from supposedly experienced people li=
ke yourself all the time. Usually they were the guys still using 4x2
>=20
> > The product was a GS3055 I think. So .... not so ancient and certainly =
not 20 years. But ..... maybe you exaggerated. And I'm pretty sure I still =
have the unit and the photocopied instuctions of their failed attempt at ma=
king a quality product.=20
>=20
> No exaggerating at all, if you had seen DSC's literature up until the ear=
ly 90's that's pretty much what their documentation looked like, photocopy =
stuff stapled together. It wasn't until halfway through the PC1550/2550/300=
0 product life when they came out with professional looking manuals. I imag=
ine Mr Campbell will verify that.
>=20
> If you got a GS3055 with that kind of manual I'd have taken it back which=
 might have save you 20, 10, 5 or whatever calls. I've worked with all thei=
r current cell/IP product including that one and they all come with the sam=
e type professional booklet.

Well to appease you in hope of causing you to shut your smartass fucking mo=
uth I guess I could say that I lied about the whole thing just a fabricated=
 story .......  but I wont.

As far as experience ..... you don't have a fucking clue of what experience=
 I have but it's obviously more than you.  And you obviously don't have a f=
ucking clue about inductive logic either. Would you question a manual of th=
at sort received with a product? Well, since you say that you're used to ge=
tting them from DSC, perhaps not. However, I ... not having your half vast =
experience, and expecting a decent manual,  I questioned the tech on the (s=
o called) manual and the tech said that was what the maual consisted of. Bu=
t obviously, since what you know is only what you read in the manuals you'd=
 find reality in the field hard to understand. A challange in abstract reas=
oning .. ummm well .. any kind of reasoning for that matter.=20

Soo we get right back down to the basics again. Crawl back into your little=
 gray office, and do your little gray job and when the fits of boredom begi=
n again, just ..... fuck off. =20