Re: DSC phone line technical support is terrible

On May 26, 2:58=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:31:27 AM UTC-5, tourman wrote:
> > RHC: Yes, I can confim their manuals are comprehensive and
> > professional in nature today. However, their tech support wait times
> > are still horrible !
>
> > Sometimes I wonder if this sort of complaint ever reaches the people
> > at the top of the food chain. DSC is a large company, no different
> > than any other large company, where problems down below rarely reach
> > the top echelons of the organization, so they often don't get solved.
>
> > Maybe a poke at the top with a sharp stick could solve this problem in
> > a second.........anyone know any email addresses to cut through the
> > layers of management directly to the top. It's not fair to complain
> > about something unless you've also told them about the problem, and
> > given them a chance to fix it...
>
> I was in the local Tri-Ed yesterday and noticed a GS3060 then thought of =
Jim. The manual was the usual booklet.

> I rarely call DSC's tech support, maybe once every couple of years. I sta=
rted out installing their PC1500's (v3) and 3000's. Always liked their pane=
ls but they seem to have fallen behind on things like remote services. Too =
bad they don't turn their cellular stuff over to Alarm.com.

RHC: I've just starting using their IP communicators and theTL150 is
simple and works well. Have a couple of TL260's in stock but haven't
installed one yet. So far, it seems like decent stuff, and with the
higher end units like the 260, it promises most of the functionality
of the Rogers type services with all their "whoopy shit" features,
without the horrible monthly rate (emails, remote access via smart
phone etc). Paradox has their IP100 which does the same thing, but
needs a proprietary receiver in the monitoring centre.

I'm absolutely blown away how some people are willing to pay $55 a
month for services that I can provide for less than $20 a month. Like
the marketing guys say, sell the sizzle not the steak !