Re: DSC phone line technical support is terrible

On May 24, 4:51=A0pm, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 16, 2012 11:26:47 AM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
> > On Tuesday, May 15, 2012 10:28:56 PM UTC-4, mleuck wrote:
>
> > > Usually what's in the manual is all you need, doesn't take 20 calls t=
o >Canada to figure something like that out. And like I said I've not seen =
DSC >or anyone use a photocopied manual in over 20 years so I imagine what =
you >had was ancient.

> > Well ..... your wrong. But you wouldn't know that because it's not in a=
 manual.

> > Never having installed their product before and with no decent manual .=
.. there were a lot of unanswered questions that I normally would have pull=
ed the answers from the manual before calling. And, 20 was an exaggeration.=
 Their ineptitude and lack of cooperation is the issue. However, with your =
obsession to make snotty posts here, you must have missed that.

> Never had a problem with their tech support although I've never called th=
em as many times as you apparently kinda sorta have. I don't care for their=
 cellular solution but it does work and is easy to setup and use. Perhaps b=
y expecting it to be harder it confused you.

> > But anyway ..... =A0thanks for confirming that you only know what you r=
ead. The people who are out here doing the actual installations have run in=
to people like you all the time. We all know what you don't know.

> Apparently not, I used to get calls from supposedly experienced people li=
ke yourself all the time. Usually they were the guys still using 4x2

> > The product was a GS3055 I think. So .... not so ancient and certainly =
not 20 years. But ..... maybe you exaggerated. And I'm pretty sure I still =
have the unit and the photocopied instuctions of their failed attempt at ma=
king a quality product.

> No exaggerating at all, if you had seen DSC's literature up until the ear=
ly 90's that's pretty much what their documentation looked like, photocopy =
stuff stapled together. It wasn't until halfway through the PC1550/2550/300=
0 product life when they came out with professional looking manuals. I imag=
ine Mr Campbell will verify that.

> If you got a GS3055 with that kind of manual I'd have taken it back which=
 might have save you 20, 10, 5 or whatever calls. I've worked with all thei=
r current cell/IP product including that one and they all come with the sam=
e type professional booklet.

RHC: Yes, I can confim their manuals are comprehensive and
professional in nature today. However, their tech support wait times
are still horrible !

Sometimes I wonder if this sort of complaint ever reaches the people
at the top of the food chain. DSC is a large company, no different
than any other large company, where problems down below rarely reach
the top echelons of the organization, so they often don't get solved.

Maybe a poke at the top with a sharp stick could solve this problem in
a second.........anyone know any email addresses to cut through the
layers of management directly to the top. It's not fair to complain
about something unless you've also told them about the problem, and
given them a chance to fix it...