Re: Need to cut through the BS on Alarm monitoring costs

Robert Macy Wrote:

>Based upon the following three items:
>1. Telephone company uses it, and made it super fast and easy.
>2. The Experienced Security System Installers with years of experience
>that I worked with insisted it was so.
>3. My personal experience after ignoring their advice,

We use "B" connectors, not the see thru round ones Telco's use.

They say you don't have to pre-strip the wire, but I make a solid
mechanical connection then squeeze the whole thing evenly into
silicone-filled "BB's, peanuts, beans, ...  whatever".

A good solder connection is actually better, but it depends on how the
joint is sealed after the solder.  Black-tape does not cut it, but that
is what is used when they don't use BB's.

These:
http://www.amazon.com/Dolphin-DC-100S-Super-Connector-Sealant/dp/B000JP3GB6