Re: Understanding Fios

ABLE1 Wrote:

>So here is where I am confused, how was Verizon able to switch to (fiber)
>Fios from copper and not have to enter the house to do so.  Would they have
>installed the fiber in 2003 and install the equipment and it then magically
>connects over to the copper in the house 7 years later??

As I understand, FIOS and U-Verse offer up 2 speeds based on how close
the fiber is to the premises.  There is FTTP - Fiber-to-the premises,
and FTTC - Fiber-to-the-curb.  I imagine that's what they are talking
about.  There is no need to enter the premises, the fiber terminates at
the demark in FTTP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiber_to_the_x