Re: Companys you may not want to subcontract

On Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:54:52 AM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:
> "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message=20

> >> Actually it really doesn't.  I ran a trap line very seriously for a=20
> >> couple
> >> years back around 89-91.  It was the hardest and longest (Can see to=
=20
> >> can't
> >> see everyday) I have ever worked.  I lived out of my truck and my base=
=20
> >> camp
> >> during the season, but it was my favorite "job" ever.  Dangerous=20
> >> sometimes.
> >> Exciting always.  Challenging in more than a few ways.  Seeing my son =
and=20
> >> my
> >> daughter born were the only time I can think of that I have felt as=20
> >> "alive"
> >> since.
> >
> > I never went that far but I once lived in a cabin in the middle of the=
=20
> > Adirondacks for close to a month, hunting. I had visitors to hunt with=
=20
> > during the weekends but otherwise I was alone. It was adventurous at fi=
rst=20
> > but towards the end it became work. I like my alone time but I've got t=
o=20
> > have something to stimulate my mind. In the woods, eventually your=20
> > thoughts turn to survival mode only and for me that became .... I don't=
=20
> > want to say boring but .... I guess drudgery. Same thing ... day after=
=20
> > day. Keorsene and Coleman lamp light is not good to read by, either. On=
e=20
> > day stands out. I went down to the stream to get water and there was a=
=20
> > whole school of fingerling trout going by. Scooped up a couple of dozen=
 of=20
> > them, floured them and ate them whole.
> > Oh yeah, had a black bear come up behind me while I was sitting at the=
=20
> > base of a tree. I heard it coming but thought it was a deer. We scared =
the=20
> > shit out of each other. I took a bead on it while it was running away b=
ut=20
> > thought that I'd never be able to pack it back to the cabin by myself a=
nd=20
> > I'd never dressed a bear. We alway ate what we killed and never trophy=
=20
> > hunted.
> >
> > I got tired of venison stew too.
> >
> > I REAALLY missed pizza most of all .... then my wife.
>=20
> Weeeeell, I was single back then, but I think you misunderstand.  What I =
was=20
> doing was work.  Hard work most times.  I would have traps out on as many=
 as=20
> [...]

No .... I realize what a trap line is and that it was work. I was just rela=
ting the closest thing I'd ever done like that and even that short time of =
light "roughing" it.... allowed me to utimately decide that it wasn't the k=
ind of life for me. I think lot's of men think that they'd like to live tha=
t life but few are really cut out to do it. You're commended for having don=
e it for a living. Not too many people could do that.