Re: Companys you may not want to subcontract

By larger security companies not paying their subcontractors, I think it is
easy to see them all in a negative light, especially if that company is the
only large customer you have; you're tempted to see it as a one off event.
In that light only, those companies then seem to have the moral compass of
plague filled vermin, are are to be avoided.
I see it differently. I think larger companies always manage their short
term cash flow issues on the backs of their smaller vendors, no matter what
the industry (except some governmental entity such as
http://www.dfas.mil/ ). That said, even entities like DFAS  can be
problematic at times (like when Congress fails to pass a budget).
Perhaps seeing how many very large companies pay any of their vendors should
be examined.
https://siemens.iolportal.com/siemens/Install/SIEMENS/Reports/QuickStartGuide.pdf
http://www.smed.com/SupplierStandards/IOLUserManualv402.pdf

http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/content/dam/WWW/jci/ae/terms/JCI_AE_Terms_Conditions_US_120226.pdf

https://extpol.target.com/SupplierPortal/home/Introduction%20to%20Ariba%20Supplier%20Network.pdf

By becoming a security vendor for any large company, in the end you're out
of the actual security business, and end up with three main function.
Maintain records, collect taxes for the government, and deal with the ever
spiraling out of control paper blob generated by having anything to do with
large companies.

For customers that do give you problems with payments, instead of cursing
and showing unprofessionalism, simply state to the offending company that
they are now on GBA terms. No one will know what that is so direct them to a
portion of your web presence that will explain it fully. GBA  accounts are
accounts that require GOLD BULLION IN ADVANCE as the sole payment terms.

Nothing you say or do, especially as a vendor to a company that regards you
only as a small business, is going to have any impact whatsoever on the way
these companies do business, now or in the future.

"Bob La Londe"  wrote in message

On Apr 3, 5:47 pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Doesn't matter who it is.  Subcontracting and hoping to get paid
> > can be a real pain in the wazoo, not to mention all the grossly
> > sub par installations you will see when you decided to "help
> > somebody out."  I just don't do it anymore.  Not worth the
> > headache.  The good companies will open an office here or atleast
> > schedule regular visits of their own techs.  The rest are just in
> > it for the money and will tarnish your name to be associated with
> > them.
>
> Ditto!!   Ditto!!
>
> The last one (over 2 years ago) that I did a quick job for took 3
> months to pay after many phone calls.  Then about a month ago I got
> a phone call from them requesting all my liability insurance,
> workmans comp, vehicle insurance info, etc.  Claiming that they need
> copies of the documents so that I can get paid in the future.  I
> actually had to explain to the girl, what would be the point if I am
> never going to work for them ever again.  After I repeated myself 3
> times she finally got the point.  I wished her a nice day and hung
> up.  Stupid!!!
>
> Les

Its funny.  My very first subcontract job(s) were for ADT commercial
in about 1994.  I jumped and ran to get it done.  No issues, and I
followed up with the clients to make sure their issues were cured.  I
should have learned.  Took me months and months and months to get
paid.  I looked up some of the senior execs with ADT and sent them
personal letters demanding payment +penalties, +cost of postage for
billing, +a fee for the additional time, or I would post my unpaid
invoices in the newspaper.  They finally paid after that.  Pretty
quickly too.  Never got another call from ADT commercial after that.
LOL.