Re: Companys you may not want to subcontract

On Monday, April 9, 2012 12:13:32 PM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote:

> > OH, come on Bob. I know you could afford at least a "new" refrigerator =
box=20
> > with probably even an "extension" stove box for sleeping quarters.
> >
> > Doesn't sound too bad at that ..... with a river view and all!
>=20
> Actually it really doesn't.  I ran a trap line very seriously for a coupl=
e=20
> years back around 89-91.  It was the hardest and longest (Can see to can'=
t=20
> see everyday) I have ever worked.  I lived out of my truck and my base ca=
mp=20
> during the season, but it was my favorite "job" ever.  Dangerous sometime=
s.=20
> Exciting always.  Challenging in more than a few ways.  Seeing my son and=
 my=20
> daughter born were the only time I can think of that I have felt as "aliv=
e"=20
> since.

I never went that far but I once lived in a cabin in the middle of the Adir=
ondacks for close to a month, hunting. I had visitors to hunt with during t=
he weekends but otherwise I was alone. It was adventurous at first but towa=
rds the end it became work. I like my alone time but I've got to have somet=
hing to stimulate my mind. In the woods, eventually your thoughts turn to s=
urvival mode only and for me that became .... I don't want to say boring bu=
t .... I guess drudgery. Same thing ... day after day. Keorsene and Coleman=
 lamp light is not good to read by, either. One day stands out. I went down=
 to the stream to get water and there was a whole school of fingerling trou=
t going by. Scooped up a couple of dozen of them, floured them and ate them=
 whole.
Oh yeah, had a black bear come up behind me while I was sitting at the base=
 of a tree. I heard it coming but thought it was a deer. We scared the shit=
 out of each other. I took a bead on it while it was running away but thoug=
ht that I'd never be able to pack it back to the cabin by myself and I'd ne=
ver dressed a bear. We alway ate what we killed and never trophy hunted. =
=20

I got tired of venison stew too.=20

I REAALLY missed pizza most of all .... then my wife.=20