Re: Companys you may not want to subcontract

On Apr 3, 5:47=A0pm, "ABLE1" <royboynos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Doesn't matter who it is. =A0Subcontracting and hoping to get paid
> > can be a real pain in the wazoo, not to mention all the grossly
> > sub par installations you will see when you decided to "help
> > somebody out." =A0I just don't do it anymore. =A0Not worth the
> > headache. =A0The good companies will open an office here or atleast
> > schedule regular visits of their own techs. =A0The rest are just in
> > it for the money and will tarnish your name to be associated with
> > them.
>
> Ditto!! =A0 Ditto!!
>
> The last one (over 2 years ago) that I did a quick job for took 3
> months to pay after many phone calls. =A0Then about a month ago I got
> a phone call from them requesting all my liability insurance,
> workmans comp, vehicle insurance info, etc. =A0Claiming that they need
> copies of the documents so that I can get paid in the future. =A0I
> actually had to explain to the girl, what would be the point if I am
> never going to work for them ever again. =A0After I repeated myself 3
> times she finally got the point. =A0I wished her a nice day and hung
> up. =A0Stupid!!!
>
> Les

Its funny.  My very first subcontract job(s) were for ADT commercial
in about 1994.  I jumped and ran to get it done.  No issues, and I
followed up with the clients to make sure their issues were cured.  I
should have learned.  Took me months and months and months to get
paid.  I looked up some of the senior execs with ADT and sent them
personal letters demanding payment +penalties, +cost of postage for
billing, +a fee for the additional time, or I would post my unpaid
invoices in the newspaper.  They finally paid after that.  Pretty
quickly too.  Never got another call from ADT commercial after that.
LOL.