Re: Trying to wrap my head around it

On 10/22/2011 2:56 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
> JoeRaisin Wrote:
>
>> Here's another interesting tidbit.  I was talking to a salesman from
>> another company who was absolutely convinced that everything dealing
>> with a focus panel was proprietary *including the wire.*  He was
>> lamenting the fact that if her were to sell a takeover of a focus system
>> they would have to replace all the wire...
>
> If the idiot tech was 'trained' by ADT, S.O.P. is to use that white
> (18/2 x 22/4) cable and cut it in mid-span to solder on a jumper to the
> device below.  They also like to hide the V-plex/poppits/whatever they
> call the modules now in walls and above air ducts, why?

This was an idiot salesman.

For the focus panel they call 'em sims.

We're seeing a lot of v-128 panels lately.  Since the focus doesn't have
an isolator mod they're using the 128 on all hybrid installs.

Personally I prefer to see the burg and fire on separate panels - I done
a few places where I put in both a burg panel and a fire panel.  But
that's probably 'cause I prefer fire to burg and can work the fire while
supervising the burg part.