Re: Trying to wrap my head around it

JoeRaisin Wrote:

>Supplies are the real bitch.  We are constantly trying to get the parts
>we need.  We get OH dr contacts with no magnets, one job had us
>installing 11 pull stations on a focus pnl with no sims and door
>contacts are always all of one type or another like no one ever even
>laid eyes on the place to know that recessed contacts are not going to
>work on half the doors.  Don't even get me started on them shorting the
>wire estimates...

Just finished a job for ADT, that was subbed, then re-subbed finally to
us.  Those idiots had already mounted 4 Spectra-domes (conduit and all
on  break-away towers) but didn't put the mini-fiber x-miter inside the
domes.  I looked in the NEMA box and they had seperate *receivers* in
there?  WTF?  I was missing receivers.

I finally get the worthless PM from ADT out there (they had this job for
10 mos.)  Bidded it site-unseen.

I asked how the hell I was supposed to get a fiber up the cam now,
"can't you just take it apart and fish one?"  Lol... I said "sure", if
you want to pay me and do a change-order to take this whole thing apart
and re-do it.  I got my rack-mount receivers 5 days later.  and he took
a case of mini-transmitters back to ADT's warehouse, I wonder how he
explained that?!  lol...

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan  (Colbert Report)