Re: Trying to wrap my head around it

"JoeRaisin" <joeraisin2001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:j7ov1j$ncj$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Had a service call that has me scratching my head.
>
> Monday the customer kept getting calls from the monitoring center
> saying they were getting a fire trouble on zone 5.
>
> Panel is a Safewatch 3000.  Zone 5 is an entry/exit point programmed
> correctly.  There are no fire devices on the system and no unused
> zones are programmed as fire though they are programmed and
> resistored out at the panel.
>
> The customer is using phone service through their cable company and
> their data guy was on site during the time they were getting these
> calls.
>
> I had heard some time ago about ADT monitoring centers seeing telco
> line faults as a fire trouble (why, I don't know) so that could
> explain the fire trouble, but they insist it was coming in on zone
> 5.
>
> The zone 5 part is what bothers me.  I don't like not understanding
> something.  If it was a one time signal I could let it go as a an
> electron forgetting to turn left at Albuquerque - but it happened
> several times throughout the day (my guess would be every time the
> data guy fucked with the cable/phone equipment).
>
> I checked the program and ran the system through its paces and
> everything is (and 'was' as far as I could tell) programmed and
> functioning correctly, btw.

Can you change the account number on that system, then see if the
trouble occurs with the new account number? (Same system...)

Other than that, sometimes circuit boards have poor solder
connections. Vibrations nearby might make the circuit board vibrate
and then do something. But that would not make sense in the case?